Thursday, March 18, 2010


Quote of the Day:

“I am not interested in money. I just want to be wonderful.”

Marilyn Monroe

Song I am loving right now:

The other side of the door by Taylor Swift

I began to notice that I love everything girly. It’s upsetting. It’s upsetting because I never pictured myself as the glittery girly type, but I am. I love the color pink, I love shoes, I love shopping, I love late night talking, and I love love. As much as I try to fight it, a warm bubble bath with candles can cure any illness and an episode of desperate housewives can make you forget everything else that is going on around you. Hair bands complete any outfit and it is freeing to know that spring brings bright colored nail polish and pastels. The problem with girls today is that they forget their self-worth. There are so many girls that fall in the trap and believe that they cannot survive without attention or the direction of a guy. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am not one of those strong woman rights advocates. I just believe that every person, male or female, needs to find the person they are deep down and carry that person proudly with them at all times. It takes a lot to be confident sometimes, but it feels so good once you have come to the realization that you are who you are and that person can overcome anything. Sure, there are definitely hard times in life, but you have to find what works for you to help you push you through them. Yes, sometimes for me it is that bright colored nail polish, but most of the time its way more than that. Family, I have learned is undeniably where you first turn. No matter how hard the situation, someone has been through it and can be a spark of hope and drag you to happiness and recovery. For me, my family has fought through a lot of pain and suffering together. While these moments have been heart wrenching, it has woven us together and made us a unit. God, is another of those pretty important people in life. He will never give you anything you can handle. Trust me, I know, he loves to test this theory on me. But, he gives you things to help you become stronger for things that come later in life. I am also confident that he won’t ever take anything away without replacing it with something better. This is a really hard thing to believe in sometimes, but it’s true. Everything happens for a reason and usually it is the perfect reason that you do not come to realize until later in life. Unfortunately, that’s the game that life is, waiting for the unpredictable. But, that’s also the exciting part. Chances in life are so important and must be taken. Without chances, there are no true rewards. If you are scared, don’t fret, everything will turn out alright. Never give up on an opportunity to be happy. Never tell yourself that you are not good enough. And never underestimate your abilities. Be patient with life, that is the sweetness of it. Dare to be unsure, make decisions that don’t make sense, let go and enjoy your life. Have a beautiful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment