Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Returning to my favorite front porch

I am home for a week before graduate school starts. I have many emotions about returning back to school, but I figure I had a nice break and its time to get back into it. I am excited to be starting a new chapter in my life and anxious to see where it leads me. However, it is nice to be home for a little bit before the craziness returns. There are so many things that make being home such a joy. For instance, walking in the door and seeing this beauty of a picture of yourself:

wow. loving that neon background, I am thinking it will be a popular choice in my future Christmas cards.
Also, having all my favorites close by is t.r.o.u.b.l.e. it leads me to make irrational purchases like these:

New OPI color that I adore, chi hairspray (amazing smell and hold), and Hemp lotion (first fell in love with this in my tanning bed days, which I am strictly against now...funny how things change), when I saw it in Ulta I almost peed in my pants with excitement.

I spent an hour in Michaels. Nothing quite excites me like cardstock and stencils. My craft wheels were turning. I also get to return to my favorite friends, my mom's homemade sweet tea, and of course the mosquitoes.

3 comments:

  1. how many opi colors are left? to get that is hehehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah I have completely missed your blog somehow! I checked, and I'm following it, but it hasn't been showing up on my dashboard at all! I'm so glad you commented so I know you are still blogging!

    And we were friends when that picture was taken. haha Those were the good ole days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANNNNND you hung out with your favorite ex-roomie (perhaps future roomie??? you, me, our cats, dogs, and children)

    I wish you were back! Can't wait until your next school break.

    Knock 'em dead you little book wormie.

    ReplyDelete