Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun Fabrics

Happy Friday! As I have mentioned before, I love finding things at antique stores. Some of my favorite decorative items come from antique stores. Recently I found a hideous chair that I absolutely love. The fabric was dreadful but the shape of the chair is gorgeous. It was extremely reasonably priced, so I decided to quickly snatch it. Reupholstery is not my cup of tea but thank goodness it is my mom's passion and she was willing to help me with the redesign process. There is a wonderful fabric warehouse in Marietta where I often go just to look at the fabrics. When I found the chair, I immediately went to the fabric store to pick up the perfect fabric for my new chair. I decided on a yellow paisley fabric and I adore it. The project was slow to start but now it is complete and the chair is better than I could have ever imagined. It sits in a little nook in my room and I now call it my "knowledge nook" because I like to read there. I am so happy that it turned out so beautiful, thanks mom for your help :)

BEFORE:


AFTER:

1 comment: