Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hellooooo Memories!

I have recently discovered that I have the worst memory in the world. I am not sure what cause this sudden tragedy but it has really started upsetting me. I love memories and have always been an avid picture taker because I want to preserve each memory so carefully. I want to be able to look back at the past year and recall things that I loved. I am glad I blog because it reminds me of the things I have done and the places I have seen. Now, I LOVE do it yourself crafts. I try to be really creative and create things on my own instead of buying them (as you have seen from previous post.) One website that has precious ideas for DIY projects is designspongeonline.com. I am addicted. As I was recently exploring the website, I came across a postcard calendar and thought it was the cutest thing. So, of course, I decided to make one. Now, I don't have an array of postcards, so I did mine a little bit different. The calendar consists of a card for each day of the year. At the top of the card you stamp the day, for example: Jan 01, but you leave out the year. Next, you divide the months by some sort of card, I did mine with colorful cardstock. Finally, you label the year, by pen, on each of the cards and add something you did that day. The next year, you use the same card for that day and you get to see what you did on that exact day a year earlier! I thought this was such a fun way to keep track of your memories and I am so loving mine!

1 comment: