Monday, February 22, 2010

Irrational Purchase

Quote of the day:

"Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius. & it is better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
-Marylin Monroe (one scandalous lady!)

Song I am loving right now:

The New Love Song by Joshua James

Irrational purchase (picture coming soon):

So again, on Sunday the weather was absolutely gorgeous. So what did I do? Yep, headed downtown to soak in the rays. This time it was just Amy and I and we were just planning on it being a casual day. She was wondering about a store that she had never been in and me being the curious one, insisted that we go into the store. The store is called Dynamite and is filled with a bunch of vintage goodies. Of course, right away the oversized 80s sweaters caught my eye and I instantly started searching through them, not finding any that I thought would be good enough to complete the Reese Witherspoon in Four Christmas’ look. Therefore, I foregoed the mission and headed to another part of the store where I found a fantastic globe. I want a globe for my apartment next year so that I can put red dot stickers on the places I have traveled to and green dot stickers on the places I want to go. I know, it sounds a little tacky but using this method I will never forget the places I want to venture to. I could write them down, but with the way I lose things, who knows where that piece of paper would be in a week. So, the globe was $30, way to overpriced for my budget, but hopefully one day I can save up and purchase my dream globe. I walked back downstairs to find Amy trying on some fabulous bug-eyed sunglasses that I can unfortunately never pull off. As we were heading to the register, something great caught my eye; a hot pink fanny pack. I left the store without it and we headed to Youguri. The entire way there (which actually only took roughly two minutes), I was debating whether or not I should return and purchase the retro fanny pack. Of course, Amy being the good friend she is, convinced me that it would be hilarious if I purchased it to wear on the cruise. I started liking the idea of sporting a fanny pack and looking like a complete tourist, so we returned to dynamite and I purchased the fanny pack. Instantly I was pleased with the purchase and buckled it right on. As I walked through downtown I saw people glance my way and this confirmed that my purchase was indeed necessary and practical (which it was neither). Therefore, I now own a hot pink fanny pack that sticks out like a sore thumb on my purse rack, but I think it adds flavor and I genuinely love seeing it every time I walk past it to go into my bathroom. While other girls in Athens are stopping at Heery’s to purchase frye boots, I am buying a hot pink fanny pack..who am I? All I know is that this interesting accessory will bring lots of laughter and fun times in the future, and I can’t wait for that!

1 comment:

  1. kelley

    love the fanny pack...definitely sounds like an impulse buy you won't regret! can't wait for the cruise!

    xx

    kelcie

    ReplyDelete