Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fabulous Finds



Song that I am loving right now:
“Baby its cold outside” (glee version, of course)

Quote of the day:
“Promise that you’ll never forget me because if I thought you would, I’d never leave.” WTP



One thing my mom and I are constantly doing together is going to craft shows and antique stores in hopes of discovering some fabulous finds. We excitedly walk through the isles admiring every ones work and discussing which items could go where in our houses. The funny thing is that we rarely ever purchase the items. It is almost as if we are creating the outline of a picture on a pallet in our heads but never adding the paint. However, there are a few times when we see an item that is too gorgeous to let slip away. This is what happened with the wonderful wreath. Over the summer we went to the Yellow Daisy Festival. One of the biggest and best craft shows in Atlanta. The show has hundreds of vendors and thousands of buried treasures. The treasure that captured our eye was a paper wreath topped with a grandiloquent red ribbon. This, was definitely a fabulous find and we both agreed that we had to have it. Since she spotted it first, the claim was all hers. She found the perfect spot for the wreath right above a red cabinet that is in our living room. Jealous, I began my search for my own special wreath. While mine is slightly different, it adds unbelievable charm to my apartment. Mine is made out of coffee filters, how perfect for me, and so I am forever getting a scent of brewed coffee every time I pass my little wreath. I found mine on one of the most brilliant websites ever created, etsy.com. I am always amazed at the trinkets people can create and it is so fascinating to see artist at work. The wreath is something I can display year-round and I am so happy that we didn’t let this fabulous find get away! Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment