Monday, December 13, 2010



Song that I am loving right now:
“King of Anything” by Sara Bareilles

Quote of the day:
“Even though we’ve changed and we’re all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we’ll come to each other, because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we’re not all still friends.”

I am so glad that I finally made a framed chalkboard. I think it adds so much glamour to a room and makes any sparse space and instant hit. I looked for my perfect frame for a while. I would look anywhere I thought might have wonderful, vintage-looking frames, since that was the look I was going for. I looked of course at the major craft stores and it took me way longer than normal to leave Michaels. I also looked at thrift stores to see if they had any great deals. Hobby lobby was my next stop and nothing seemed to be pleasing me that day. I decided to hold off on my journey until the next day when I had a new perspective. The next day I ventured to one of my favorite antique stores in Woodstock. There it was, hanging on the front wall, directly when I walked in…the frame I had been imagining. It was not to vibrant and not to dull, it was perfect. Placed inside the frame was a funny looking giraffe that for the purpose of the ride home, I named Ralph. When I got home, I turned over the frame surprised to see that there was no way to get the picture out of the frame. However, I did not let this discourage me. I immediately started covering the edges of the frame with trash bags. Once I was certain that the frame was completely covered, I said goodbye to Ralph and started painting the glass with chalkboard paint. I used the spray paint kind, which I found has been easier to use. Every hour or so I would go back outside to add another coat. By the end of the day, I had added about five coats. I let it dry for 24 hours before writing on it and then, va va voom! A masterpiece was created. My mom hung it up in our kitchen and decided she wanted to be the first to write a sweet note on the board. I can’t wait to have it hanging in my own house one day! Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment