Sunday, December 5, 2010

Song I am loving right now:
“Hey Soul Sister” (glee version)

Quote of the day:
“A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference.” WTP

The calming feeling of turning the pages in a new book is one of my favorite feelings. Reading has now become one of my favorite pastimes now that my life consists of doing noting all day, thanks to the job market and my lack of motivation. A book over time can become one of your best friends. Sometimes I get so involved in a book that I start to think about what my character would be like in a book. What kind of personality would people portray me to have? What kinds of things would I do? What would be my purpose in a novel? One of my recently found loves is “The Help” by Kathryn Stockett. This page-turner allows the reader to immerse themselves in the lives of women that lived in the 1960’s. The emotional stories take the spectator by the hand and lead them through passionate, colorful tails of the trials of that era. It is undeniably a remarkable page-turner that I will remember reading for a long time. You know an author is brilliant when they can plant the book pages in your memory and allow them to be velcroed there for years. I am always interested in reading the authors bio because I try to place myself in their position. What an amazing feeling it must be to complete a lofty book and then actually have it published and enjoyed by others. I would have to guess that that is one of the absolute best feelings in the world. After reading her bio, I was instantly a forever fan. I found out that not only was she a graduate from the University of Alabama but also that this was her first novel. Incredible and RTR. After 451 pages, Kathryn has now proved herself to the writing critics and ended up on “The #1 New York Times Bestsellers’ list.” I applaud this fledgling writer and look forward to reading more from her in the future. Have a beautiful day.

1 comment:

  1. I love this quote and am so happy you have finally ready The Help! I agree with the little black dress..best thing in my closet!

    ReplyDelete