Friday, December 10, 2010

Song that I am loving right now:

“Somewhere over the Rainbow” by Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo

Quote of the day:

“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, and love to complete your life.”

Many people keep a list of things they want to do before their lives come to an end. I think that one of these lists is very important to have and allows you to notice that you have made certain accomplishments. I do something similar to this that keeps track of the things like I like and would love to see in my future home. In addition to this, I add crafts and do it yourself things that I would like to make. When something catches my eye, I want to remember it without adding it as a bookmark, because I already have way too many things bookmarked. What I do is print the picture out and paste it into a journal. I add a little detailed note to the side of the picture to make sure I remember what the decoration and craft requires. Not only do I print things that I enjoy off of the Internet, I also look through some of my favorite decorating magazines to get ideas. I add things from “Southern Living” and “Better Homes and Gardens.” They always have beautiful rooms and ideas for crafts. Eventually, I may even begin to put recipes I find attractive in the journal. It is a safe way to know that I have all of my favorite things pieced together. Hopefully, one day I can create or find all the things that reside in this journal. I genuinely enjoy adding things to the pages and enjoy it more when I get around to making the pictures into reality. I have already created a few things that I have in the journal including a framed chalkboard piece and a note card calendar. I will post about these creative little crafts later on! Have a beautiful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment